Hi Marlene, It appears that the part files are missing from the folder you uploaded so I was unable to open your model.
One technique you can try is opening the rod part and try to mesh the part by itself. One you find a suitable mesh you should then be able to apply this mesh in your assembly through the use of a mesh control. I believe it will require a relatively small mesh as it looks like the wall thickness of the rod is quite small.
Hope this helps.
Well, The parts are missing in the file you attached !!
However, Here are some meshings tips you can try :
- Open the failure diagnostics to determine where it fails
- run an interference Detection
- check your contacts and geometry
- use different mesh algorithms ( curvature based or blended curvature )
- use a smaller mesh size than the overall
- apply mesh controls
- use incompatible mesh where it fails
If the issue persists, use a pack and go to gather all related files to your model into a zip folder and upload it here.
Mohamed and Kieran,
Thanks so much! I applied mesh control and decreased the mesh and that did the trick. I will run the study and see how it goes. Attached is another zip folder containing hopefully all the files regarding the test.
Static Test Assembly Zip.zip 8.1 MB