30 Replies Latest reply on Aug 29, 2018 7:39 AM by Tony Tieuli

It's been fun . . .

Todd Blacksher

Good Morning and Happy Friday Everyone,

I haven't been on the forums very much in the last couple of weeks (ISO9000 audit at work last week, and a "vacation" this week)

There were some major changes at work last week, I was moved over to another department, and I will have a different role next week.

(Not sure what to expect, I just know that I will not be able to participate on the forums as much as before.)

I will still try to jump in whenever I get a chance, and possibly late Friday afternoons/weekends.

Have a great weekend!

todd

I say "vacation" because the only traveling was to Menard's/hardware store/etc. and my "activities" have been fixing a leak in the basement, moving dirt, putting down grass seed, fixing sprinklers, changing light bulbs, closet organization, User Group visits (Kansas City & St. Joseph), SLUGME preparations, shop cleanup, garage cleanup, yard cleanup, and unfortunately, no bike riding!

• Re: It's been fun . . .
          John Stoltzfus

If you fall behind with your SW knowledge, you'll know that the forum's still open 24-7 - Miss the day to day banter, but all is good, now we can talk about ya

Dan Pihlaja

Well Todd....get here when you can....but we can all rest assured that you are still "fighting crime" so to speak.  Hope the new position is something you have been looking forward to!

Chris Saller

Todd who??

(just kidding)

Good luck with the new position. Hope to see you back.

Wayne Schafer

Well the good thing is that the new move was not out the door.  Thank goodness for that.

Tony Tieuli

Todd Blacksher wrote:

I haven't been on the forums very much in the last couple of weeks (ISO9000 audit at work last week, and a "vacation" this week)

There were some major changes at work last week, I was moved over to another department, and I will have a different role next week.

(Not sure what to expect, I just know that I will not be able to participate on the forums as much as before.)

I will still try to jump in whenever I get a chance, and possibly late Friday afternoons/weekends.

Have a great weekend!

todd

I say "vacation" because the only traveling was to Menard's/hardware store/etc. and my "activities" have been fixing a leak in the basement, moving dirt, putting down grass seed, fixing sprinklers, changing light bulbs, closet organization, User Group visits (Kansas City & St. Joseph), SLUGME preparations, shop cleanup, garage cleanup, yard cleanup, and unfortunately, no bike riding!

I'll miss the day to day interaction! I hope this is a step up for you. Let us know how things are going from time to time OK?

Adrian Velazquez

You'll be around... I thought the same a few years ago when I went from Designer  to Admin>Manager, and even though I haven't use SolidWorks (modeling) much in 6 years, I'm still around!

Glenn Schroeder

Good luck with the new position, and don't forget about us.

Jeff Mowry

You might be doing vacation wrong...

Good luck flexing with the changes.  LOVE that last SWW18 slide!

Glenn Schroeder

Jeff Mowry wrote:

If you have to go back to work to get some rest you're definitely doing it wrong.

Dan Pihlaja

Glenn Schroeder wrote:

Jeff Mowry wrote:

If you have to go back to work to get some rest you're definitely doing it wrong.

You mean unless you go on vacation with your 3 kids.....right?   Because the last few vacations were awesome!.....but I definitely needed the rest and relaxation of my desk afterward.

David Matula

if your not looking forward to getting back to work from a vacation there is something wrong.  Nothing better than running your self so ragged trying to pack in as much fun and work on a vacation that you need to get back to work so you can relax a bit.  makes work more enjoyable.....

Glenn Schroeder

David Matula wrote:

if your not looking forward to getting back to work from a vacation there is something wrong. Nothing better than running your self so ragged trying to pack in as much fun and work on a vacation that you need to get back to work so you can relax a bit. makes work more enjoyable.....

Not me.  I enjoy my job (for the most part), but I go on vacation to relax.

Tom Gagnon

I'll miss ya as we all will. Pop in now and then when able. We're not so formal.

Here's a Wheelie for ya:

~~O
                                    -  /\,
                                  -  -|~(*)
                                  -  (*)
                                  ^^^___________
                                    Dave Bear

Hey Todd,

I hope the new role is cause for congratulations and not otherwise and also that you find enjoyment in whatever that role may entail.

Try not to be too much of a stranger buddy, we'd certainly miss you around here if that was to be the case.

All the best to you!

Dave.

Rick McDonald

Todd Blacksher wrote:

Have a great weekend!

todd

Must be something going around

Last week I had a service/training trip to Boston area (Woburn) and then this  week was in NH., preparing my mom's house for sale.

Last Monday was informed my boss resigned (new position at a company he had interviewed for a while back) and his last day is the 31st.   He is going to Woburn this coming week to do a different install and training, so they asked me to extend my trip to also return to Woburn so we could do a transfer of knowledge  (I said no since I  have things to do in Dallas).  Also, I was informed by the CEO that the next  level up boss will be leaving in 6 months (we knew he was heading that way but didn't know when.)  The CEO asked me before I left for this trip if I could take on more responsibility  (but no details), so we will be having some interesting things to discuss next week.  Like you, not sure what to expect.  My "current boss" will be back from his trip only for his last day.

Will  be an interesting week  .

Hope we both have good transitions and still get our enjoyable Forum time

Dave Bear

Rick McDonald wrote:

Must be something going around

Last week I had a service/training trip to Boston area (Woburn) and then this week was in NH., preparing my mom's house for sale.

Last Monday was informed my boss resigned (new position at a company he had interviewed for a while back) and his last day is the 31st. He is going to Woburn this coming week to do a different install and training, so they asked me to extend my trip to also return to Woburn so we could do a transfer of knowledge (I said no since I have things to do in Dallas). Also, I was informed by the CEO that the next level up boss will be leaving in 6 months (we knew he was heading that way but didn't know when.) The CEO asked me before I left for this trip if I could take on more responsibility (but no details), so we will be having some interesting things to discuss next week. Like you, not sure what to expect. My "current boss" will be back from his trip only for his last day.

Will be an interesting week .

Hope we both have good transitions and still get our enjoyable Forum time

G'day Rick,

Sounds to me that a step up the ladder is not too far off in the distance for you huh? Well deserved no doubt. I hope that discussions are those that prove to be fruitful for you buddy!

Dave.

Rick McDonald

Dave Bear wrote:

G'day Rick,

Sounds to me that a step up the ladder is not too far off in the distance for you huh? Well deserved no doubt. I hope that discussions are those that prove to be fruitful for you buddy!

Dave.

I just hope they don't want more hours each day (already at 8:30am-7:30pm) with a bigger work load/responsibilities, but without more pay.  I can take on the responsibility (I used to do it here - but with lower work load) - but if they want more from me they need to give me more - already have a low base salary for what I do.  When times are great I get great bonus' but that has only been an occasional situation. Usually get a small token bonus.  I will have to see what they want and not accept it if the compensation does not match.

Nothing said to me so far but I think it will be tomorrow because my "Part time" boss is not here until then.

Hope Todd Blacksher also get a better deal (even if it reduces daytime SolidWorks Forum Posting). 

Dave Bear

Rick McDonald wrote:

. I will have to see what they want and not accept it if the compensation does not match.

There's a lot to be said for "work - life" balance too Rick

Dave.

Todd Blacksher

Rick McDonald wrote:

Dave Bear wrote:

G'day Rick,

Dave.

I just hope they don't want more hours each day (already at 8:30am-7:30pm) with a bigger work load/responsibilities, but without more pay. I can take on the responsibility (I used to do it here - but with lower work load) - but if they want more from me they need to give me more - already have a low base salary for what I do. When times are great I get great bonus' but that has only been an occasional situation. Usually get a small token bonus. I will have to see what they want and not accept it if the compensation does not match.

Nothing said to me so far but I think it will be tomorrow because my "Part time" boss is not here until then.

Hope Todd Blacksher also get a better deal (even if it reduces daytime SolidWorks Forum Posting).

The slightly "better deal" is that, at least for now, I'm not still working 5:30-5:30.

It will be interesting to see how everything unfolds.

Good Luck Rick McDonald, hopefully things will work out for both of us!

Rick McDonald

Todd Blacksher wrote:

The slightly "better deal" is that, at least for now, I'm not still working 5:30-5:30.

It will be interesting to see how everything unfolds.

Good Luck Rick McDonald, hopefully things will work out for both of us!

We are both very positive people so I expect know the good will outweigh the bad (if any). Regardless, we will survive and grow.

This year has been chaotic and now in the next month I have to get my mother moved to Texas to live with me (health reasons for her) but things are falling in place and working out so I am keeping positive.  "All the Little Things" add up to great things - as you know well

Dave Bear has proven to us all that "positive attitude, desire and spirits" will overcome all the hard things that are thrown at us and we will use those as learning experiences and grow from them.

Rick McDonald

I hope they don't try to restrict your SWUGN time or your SWW time off!

Todd Blacksher

I will know a whole lot more this week, but I can say that it is not a promotion.

I will still be using SOLIDWORKS on a daily basis, although it won't be as much new product design work.

There has been some discussion about my involvement in SOLIDWORKS-related activities, and I have been told that it needs to happen on my own time (which is how it was, barring the random call or email that needed to be made during the day.)

Hoping for the best, and hoping to stay in touch with everyone as much as possible.

todd

Dave Bear

yogi.jpg

Dave.