1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 21, 2018 4:04 PM by Lars Ahlzen

auto adding dimxpert annotations to drawing

Robert Leathers

Greetings everyone,

I did a search on this topic and found an unanswered thread from 2012.
      Show dimXpert dimensions in drawing view.

I tried asking if it's possible to set a template to add in dimxpert annotations to a predefined view on the drawings/dimxpert forum, but I'm getting crickets so far.
      So, I'm wondering if this is possible to do via macros.

A little background, I'm on a project that will need some sort of automation to make drawings out of a large number of parts. The goal is to have a single macro that will
      make a 4view drawing with dimensions and save out. Drawings will either already have dimxpert annotations or at least defined datums. (I'm in the process of making a macro that autodimensions parts with defined datums.) I'm really new at macros, so I've been trying to search for some that others have made and deconstruct and modify them to my needs as well as just fumble around with recording my actions.

I've already made predefined templates, and found and modified a macro that automatically turns parts into drawings (using the aformentioned predefined template) and saves out a file for each configuration. The next step is to figure out how to input dimxpert annotations into the drawings.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

-Bob

• Re: auto adding dimxpert annotations to drawing
          Lars Ahlzen

I dont really use dimxpert dimensions so I don't really know how they work but if you unmark all dimensions for drawing for every part. I got i script from somewhere that can do that, can't remember who wrote it though I am afraid. Then mark the dimexpert dimensions for drawing. Then add this command.

swDrawing.InsertModelAnnotations3 swImportModelItemsFromEntireModel, _

swInsertDimensionsMarkedForDrawing, False, True, False, False

Look at the .InsertModelAnnotations3 command in the API help and see if that can help

I think they should appear. Sorry I am just quitting work so I don't really have time to answer this thoroughly.  If it is still relevant for you i can be of more assistance on Monday. lastly I am also really new to the world of Macros