Yes it is safe and many of users on this forum had been using the #TASK tool since day 1.
The tool name in Russian could be related to language of your OS. for me it is showing correctly
I don't use #TASK but you have to remember it is an free tool which many people develop around. There are people from all around the world who use it so my guess is someone who's russian uploaded whatever he developped to the library and named it in russian. Perhaps Deepak could confirm this.
I appreciate your concerns. #TASK is picking up the default language based on the locale in your control panel:
We were considering supporting different languages when developing #TASK. We selected Russian as we do have several Russian speaking members in the team. I believe the reason you have some tasks displayed in Russian is your locale is not English, but for those particular tasks Russian was a default language so this one was selected.
The reason why you do not see all the tasks in Russian in this case is because not all of them have localization implemented. We have found that majority of our users are from English speaking countries and we decided to not proceed further with localization at this stage.
Regarding question about 'safe'. basically as you know #TASK is designed to process batches of files. Basically we recommend to backup/test on a small batches before running #TASK on all of the production files as whatever functionality applied cannot be undone and if you are using something like custom property change or upgrade tasks which are not setup correctly or behaves not as you expected this may result in unexpected outcomes.
When i type sldprt into search im getting same thing
Thank you, I can confirm the same behaviour. When I click on it - it turns to English. I will investigate - this is definitely a bug in there.
There is probably a really good paranoid response in this question relating to the russians hacking the US election.
Gentleman your theories please!
Retrieving data ...