7 Replies Latest reply on Aug 24, 2018 6:53 AM by A. R.

Cut list column "linked" mising in SW2018

A. R.

Why in sheet metal part cut list properties not show column "linked" (SW 2018)? In one part from many it is. I saw only one difference - not calculate Surface Treatment. Don't know, why? Goal is - to copy cut list properties to custom properties and get them all in assembly drawing BOM table in one raw each part.

• Re: Cut list column "linked" mising in SW2018
          Andrew Schutte

A. R.

I think it's because there's a possibility of having a many to one relationship, if there are two or more solid bodies/flat pattern/sheet metal property sets.

There was a question earlier about the same thing and getting the properties in the title block, which unfortunately can't be done.

-Andrew

A. R.

Hi, Andrew,

I can post 2 parts (one with column "linked" and another without this column). In second file is issue with Surface Treatment in cut list properties. I'm new in forums and trying to add files.

Thank you for your time

Andrew Schutte

Thanks for posting the files, I now see what you mean where one file has the linked list of properties and the other does not.

I'm not sure how to resolve this, unless there's someone else on the forum more knowledgeable than I about such matters, I would reach out to your local VAR for customer service.

Thanks,

-Andrew

Solid Air

Very simple.  The without file was created in SW2010 or earlier.  Only files created in SW2018 have the linked property.  Unfortunately I do not remember the reasoning why that is but that is directly from a SolidWorks higher up.

The linked column has no useful purpose in my opinion.  All it does is lock you from manually changing the value.  Yes there are those that would argue that that is a good thing but it only interferes with our workflow.

A. R.

Thank you. I've read that this column appeared in SW2018. As I wrote earlye, when this column is, it succeeds in copying Cut properties with values to Custom properties. I admit, that most of the parts in my assembly were created in previous SW versions. In my case there are many parts created in SW2018. But only one has a Linked column. I do not remember what I changed. Maybe who knows, how to solve this question without additional tools (have SW2018 SP3). I thought, it could be related to Surface Treatment issue (not calculate value, just paste text)?