Attached is a model of a corner we are having a very difficult time with. This is one small piece of a larger model that I can't post here. We don't want to give our entire design away. The corner represent one portion of a seal welded fuel tank that ranges from 500 to 100 gallons.
We are in process of moving from Solid Edge to Solid Works. This corner was a problem in Solid Edge too.
The problem is a combination of many issues.
1. All the parts needs to flatten
2. We want material inside the corner of Part B1
3. The flange at 45 degrees to the rest of the model interferes with B2, but we can't trim it any more without causing problem with points 1 & 2
4. The 45 degree flange of B1 needs to avoid being bent when the other flanges are bent. The 45 degree flange is bent last. Our folder will not pick up flanges/material less than 1/4" from the the bend lines.
5. I do want a more complex complex cutout to solve the problems, but any additional complexity create problems. Either the part will not flatten or we cant get material into the area where the sheet is bent in two directions (2 way/ 3 way corner)
There is a sketch that is currently cutting part B1. I would like to edit that sketch to solve problem 3 but can't figure out how to do that in a way where everything works.
I am open to any method of modeling to accomplish the goals.