0 Replies Latest reply on Aug 15, 2018 11:16 AM by Jack Martin

Solidworks 2016, Windows jumplist not working

Jack Martin

After a search through the options/preferences menus and a thorough Google search I'm giving up and asking the question in the forums. My company finally upgraded us from 2013, but only because another facility is no longer using their 2016, so we got 2016. Not complaining too much considering it's much easier to get work done now. But there is one quirk that has been bugging me for the last several months. The Windows 7 jumplist doesn't work on Solidworks, but works fine on all the other programs (including AutoCAD).

I found one forum that said it might work if I delete a certain file in %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\AutomaticDestinations, since this just impacts all of my other recent items, I went ahead and deleted everything in that folder. I restarted, opened some stuff, and the problem is not resolved.

I want to stress that this is not a Windows issue. The jumplists for all my other programs are working perfectly, this is a problem that is only affecting SW2016. Does anyone know of a fix? If it helps at all, my current taskbar icon is C:\Program Files\SOLIDWORKS Corp\SOLIDWORKS\SLDWORKS.exe

If this can't be fixed it's not a huge deal, just a pet peeve.