AnsweredAssumed Answered

Creating circular sketch pattern of spline - how to fully define

Question asked by Bruce Beauchamp on Aug 8, 2018
Latest reply on Aug 22, 2018 by Paul Salvador

Hi, this is my first post here. I am ultimately trying to create a pattern that is parameterized that will look similar to thisstructure.PNG

I created a single "S" using a spline and fully defined/parameterized it. Now where I am stuck is trying to rotate and specifically, fully define the other 2 "S" shapes to create a single unit cell. In the photo below you can see that I got the rotation to work fine, however, the other two S's are not fully defined at all. I can drag them all over the place into weird shapes. I fixed the center of rotation and I defined the angle between the seed S and the first one (was reading through other forum entries) and this doesn't seem to help. I can't simply brute force fully defining them either... primarily because they are at different angles with respect to the dimensions/parameters that I've created, so I can't drag the dimensions out in the same way.

Capture.PNG

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. As you can see from the first photo, just getting the pattern above completed is only part of my problem...and I still have to create more of these using different patterns...but I'll deal with it one step at a time. Thank you!

Message was edited by: Bruce Beauchamp

Attachments

Outcomes