AnsweredAssumed Answered

radiation issues in electronic cooling with SW flow simulation

Question asked by Tim Schäffler on Aug 6, 2018
Latest reply on Oct 15, 2018 by Tim Schäffler

Hello together,

first let me say sorry for my englisch. I`m a German student and I`m working on a projekt for my Thesis.

The task is to simulate the thermal situation of an industrial camera with flow simulation 2018. At the moment I´m not really sure if i need radiation in my simulation. In most of the turorial they say if the temperature is not realy high I can ignore the radiation. My first simple calculation and simulations are showing someting different.

The camera casing is made of anodized aluminium (silver and black). It`s size about 30x30 mm. The temperature of the camera is abaut 70 °C and 50 °C environment temperature. The power consumption is 2,5W. It`s n external study and ther`s only natural convection (and radiation).

So here are my questions:

1. Could it be possible that radiation is about 40 % of the over all heat transfer?

2. Should I use wall or wall to ambient or for the inner part wall and the outside of the housing wall to ambient?

3. I`m not really sure about the emissivity of my surface. the literature values have a high range between 0.5 and 0.95.

Thanks a lot

Greetings

Outcomes