Hello SOLIDWORKS Power Programmers and welcome to the 18th SWPUC!
I was asked by some of the members in the forum to provide quick challenges for weekends. So let's try one right now.
For 5,000 points end eternal glory, be the first to provide a macro or application to satisfy all requirements below.
For 5,000 points end eternal glory, provide the best macro or application to satisfy all requirements below.
1. Download one of the attached files (SW 2018 format or DWG).
2. The user would open a new sketch on the same plane as the purple sketch:
3. The macro should be accessible from inside the sketch
4. User presses a button to launch the macro
5. The user is prompt to select two lines in the purple sketch (linear objects) to define the beginning and end of a chain of entities (similar to the functionality of the Select Partial Loop for surface edges)
6. The software will select all lines in the loop between the 2 selected lines (not the arcs).
7. The software will prompt the user to input:
- Offset dimension
- Fillet Radius for the outer tips (the ones on the far side of the offset direction)
- Fillet Radius for the inner tips (the ones on the near side of the offset direction)
- Ideally there should be a nice preview and an option to reverse the offset
8. A property manager would be nice too:
9. The End Result should look like this:
Please submit your entries before 17:00 EDT on Friday, August 17th, 2018.
Good luck to all!