4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 31, 2018 4:16 PM by Rodney Martin

Using SQL Tables to get BOM

Rodney Martin

Friends,

I have been doing some really cool stuff in Powerapps to consolodate data across our company.  I would like a little boost on this next function... I want to create a BOM from the latest released/approved assembly, just from using the SQL tables.  I have had great success using the tables for extracting other information, at this point, I am ready to attempt this.

I am asking:

Which tables I need.

Any boost in the SQL selects & joins to set this up.

Thank you!

• Re: Using SQL Tables to get BOM
          Alex Burnett

The closest I can get to helping is to provide you with the path to an example Report Generator file. I don't know what you need to do to connect to the SQL tables directly or if the tables are similarly named but this may give you a good start.

C:\Program Files\SolidWorks Enterprise PDM

Look for "Report Examples 1.crp" and edit with notepad to get the examples and syntax.

This is intended to be used with the built in report generator.

• Re: Using SQL Tables to get BOM
              Rodney Martin

Yes, i'm deep into this.  I have been using Powerapps and using the SQL connectors (read only, of course!) to pull in data.  This has done some really great things for our ability to do change management.  I was wanting to build BOMs from the data directly as well.  Not using report generator, etc.