2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 1, 2018 12:08 PM by Jake Bakerin

PDM standard -  Working with revision table

Jake Bakerin

I link datacard to custom properties so each time there is a revision changed in the PDM Vault, the revision in the custom properties is also changed accordingly - and I use this revision in the title block

Then when  I change revision in the  revision table, the revision in the custom properties is bumped up and updated the revision in the title block

and it's not matched with the revision from the PDM Vault

Any of you have the same setup like I do and how you guys work around this mis-matched revision?

• Re: PDM standard -  Working with revision table
          Prasad Bhonsule

Hi Jake, traditionally PDM has not been integrated with the standard SolidWorks revision table. SolidWorks introduced this functionality in 2018 for both PDM Pro and PDM Standard. However, there have been quite a few issues with it (you'll see a few posts here on the forum) so most customers of mine have not been using it until the issues are fixed.

Generally what I implement is a rolling revision table, I have a tab on the data card with as manay revision rows as requested, and the appropriate columns the customer requires (such as rev, date, approved by, reason for change etc). This is then matched with appropriate actions in their design workflow.

Here is an example of the card setup

You can then create space in your drawing border to link to these variables.

If you have any more questions, please let me know.

Kind regards

Prasad