8 Replies Latest reply on Aug 10, 2018 4:24 PM by Tim Webb

move file

Jason Koonce

Hello,

I am trying to move a pdf file to another folder.  Everything I try does not work.  Has anyone successfully moved a file to another folder in PDM using Dispatch?  I am on SW2017 SP5.    Below is an example:

• Re: move file
          Steven Dod

I do not the move the PDF but I copy it to another location.  I believe the top box should be set to %NameofSelectedFile%.

Sam Sam

Hi,

If folder "Production" not exist Dispatch script do not work.

If folder exist - check user/group settings (permisions to move file).

If to add menu command and it will work - the problem in Workflow means.

I tried through menu command - there are no problems.

Can the file type is incorrectly specified or it is corrupt of other application?

Still, check/add extension of "PDF" in settings of adding of files is perhaps necessary and to set them "automatically".

If there are no listed problems, then to try instead of move - copy (as advises Steven), and then if it is necessary - to add to a script "to delete the file".

It precisely shall work.

Also, perhaps instead of %RootFolderPath% there shall be %NameOfCurrentVault% or something else, where there is a "Production" folder?

Manoj Sharma

Please find attach script.Check whether Production folder exit or not.Also,check the location of Production folder as mentioned in dispatch script.Check the attach screenshot for referenceCapture.PNG

Manoj Sharma

If you get any error while running dispatch,then attach error image

Sam Sam

Hi,

I apologize for the long answer (I was absent).

I have looked at script. He differs from script on picture - an ending - ".pdf"

Here it shouldn't be.

PDF - has to be specified in the conditions of Activation of script.

What line in "During state transition"?

There has to be: %\%.pdf

If there is no it, there is other decision.

Jason Koonce

Thank you for all the suggestions.  I did get to the bottom of this and found out that my Dispatch was not updated from 2016 to 2017 (which introduces the move function).  Hopefully, this will help if anyone else forgets to update the dispatch in admin tool.

Tim Webb

Hey Jason,

There's a new PDM add-in tool called "Move File Task". It costs less than most games we buy for our phones and brings the ability to move files during transitions using one or more tasks in the PDM admin tool and you don't have to mess with Dispatch.

Check out the video here

Best,

Tim

Get PDM answers now using our Live Chat

Tim Webb

Hey everyone,

I own equivaQ Software and my team has created a Forever Free coupon for the Move File Task Tool I mentioned to Jason in the previous post.

This is usually a recurring monthly subscription tool but with this coupon, this tool is FREE. No strings, no gimmicks, just a great PDM tool you can use for moving files during transitions using one or more tasks!

Here's what to do:

1. Learn about the product here
                          2. Press the Add to cart button on the monthly version
                          3. Proceed to Checkout
                          4. Apply this coupon #MoveFileForeverFree! and it will be NO COST to you EVER
                          5. Download the media pack and install it in your PDM vault following the instructions
                          6. Enjoy!

Believe in The Q!

Tim

Get PDM answers now using our Live Chat!