2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 27, 2018 2:33 AM by Patrick Reinke

export PDM Documents

Patrick Reinke

Greetings to everybody,

I am wondering if I can start a PackAndGo from Documents coming from PDM.

In other words, I wanna export an assembly with all existing reference documents from PDM to a local folder.

Naive how I am, I allready tryed this:

public ModelDoc2 convertPDMDocToSWDoc(PDMWDocument document)

{

ModelDoc2 swDoc = (ModelDoc2) document;

return ModelDoc2

{

But it doesn't work.

Is there another way to export an assembly with all the reference documents?

Regards

Patrick Reinke

• Re: export PDM Documents
          Michael Dekoning

Not sure what you are trying to accomplish using the API. PDM already has a Copy Tree function which will allow you to save the files to a location outside the vault.

Patrick Reinke

Hi Micheal,

thanks for your Reply!

Do you mean the function document.save(filepath) ? It saves only this document but not the child documents (references).
              I could iterate through the hole tree and doing the save function on all the references, but before this I want to check if there could be a much more easy way.

@ Christian Chu

We are doing a migration to another PDM-System and we want to migrate all the Revision documents also. And we dont want to migrate file file by hirering a worker only to do the PackAndGo manually. This could take a long time.

Thats why I am searching an automated solution... but I think Micheal Suggestion is the only possible way... if I understood him correct.

Regards

Patrick Reinke

Christian Chu

Patrick Reinke wrote:

Greetings to everybody,

I am wondering if I can start a PackAndGo from Documents coming from PDM.

In other words, I wanna export an assembly with all existing reference documents from PDM to a local folder.

Naive how I am, I allready tryed this:

public ModelDoc2 convertPDMDocToSWDoc(PDMWDocument document)

{

ModelDoc2 swDoc = (ModelDoc2) document;

return ModelDoc2

{

But it doesn't work.

Is there another way to export an assembly with all the reference documents?

Regards

Patrick Reinke

You don't need a macro for this task. Just run the SW build-in PackNGo from a document in your VaultView to any different folder in your local drive or server (all ref. file should be included when you run PackNGo)