7 Replies Latest reply on Jul 24, 2018 5:42 PM by David Matula

Calculate efforts

Isi Na

hi

i want to print this phone hoder. But before I want to calculate the efforts.

how can I do that?

thanks

• Re: Calculate efforts
          Jim Steinmeyer

My first question would be which efforts are you wanting to calculate? Is Efforts the correct word? Or are you wanting to calculate the forces on the different arms of the bracket? Do you have any engineering background or training? Have you readFrequently Asked Forum Questions

Or maybe especially # 32 here  https://forum.solidworks.com/thread/199196

Rick Becker

Isi Na wrote:

... I want to calculate the efforts.

how can I do that?

You need to use different words. I don't understand what "calculate the efforts" refers to.

You would better serve your efforts if you posted the SolidWorks Solid Model. (.SLDPRT)

Furthermore, you have many sharp corners. You will want radii on all of them.

Additionally, the squarish shaft seems rather thick. Is it hollow?

Good luck and please post that solid model.

Paul Salvador

Hello Isi,.. are you wanting to understand how to use the saveas "3DPrint" option?

3dpring.png

Kevin Chandler

Hello,

For 3D printing times, you'll need the printer's software to tell you that.

And it will depend on print quality, number of supports required, part orientation, the printer's capabilities (how fast it can run) and whether you're printing two materials or two colors (you're showing two colors) or just one material/color.

Are you printing everything in one session?

Or are you printing separate parts and gluing them afterwards?

None of these variables can be answered in SolidWorks.

I stand corrected, Paul Salvador Thank You

Cheers,

Kevin

Frederick Law

Attached SolidWorks model and I can tell you how long it'll take to print.

Or you can download Cura from Ultimaker and find out yourself.

There are also free 3D printing quote you can find with Google.

Let see if I guessed right.

J. Mather

Another tip:  Rather than use your phone to take pictures of your screen - you can use the built-in Windows Snipping Tool.

David Matula

Isi Na wrote:

hi

i want to print this phone hoder. But before I want to calculate the efforts.

how can I do that?

thanks

Calculate the efforts....

Time, energy, mass.  How to calculate the efforts would be to build the formula that would account for all the variables.  Check out some of the crazy things they do on the big bang theory.  Or audit some physics classes when you have some time.

Efforts is usually calculated by how much you put into it yourself.