AnsweredAssumed Answered

Anyone tried installing 2018 SP4.0EV yet?

Question asked by John Burrill on Jul 24, 2018

I'm getting an installation error.  It's saying I've mucked with my Administrative image and it can't install it.
The image was made using the installation manager that I downloaded from the solidworks site.  I got a premature abort when it tried to install .Net 4.6.2 , but it let me resume and since this was just creating the admin image, I figured that file copying was really all that was involved.  The install resumption ended normally and I was able to configure the image.

However, when I went to install the software from the image, it only got as far as detecting my previous installation.
An examination of the installation log shows the error happened at this point.

InstallData.cpp(6259) 11:12:20] ERROR: The product version of SolidWorks does not match the project file, indicating the admin directory was manually altered (26.120.0063 != 26.140.0069) file: F:\SolidWorks Admin\SOLIDWORKS 2018 SP4.0EV\64bit\SOLIDWORKS\SolidWorks.Msi

[E     0 1 WorkerThr..nager.cpp(2002) 11:12:20] {ID #30523} FATAL ERROR: One or more administrative images were manually patched or altered.  The Installation Manager cannot install manually altered images.  Always use the Installation Manager to create or upgrade an administrative image.

[I     0 1 WorkerThr..nager.cpp( 996) 11:12:20] pWorker->InitProc FINISHED (retval 2)

[E     0 1 WorkerThr..nager.cpp(6862) 11:12:20] INTERNAL ERROR: Init thread had fatal error!

[I     0 1 WorkerThr..nager.cpp(8390) 11:12:20] Worker TransitionToState(2, 16); app context = 513

[I     0 1 WorkerThr..nager.cpp(8486) 11:12:20] WORKER THREAD IS DYING

boy are they getting histrionic. THE WORKER THREAD IS DYING!  THE FLOOR IS LAVA! THE FLOOR IS LAVAAAAA!

Contrary to the installation log though, I did not manually edit any of the installation image files, though I did tried changing some of my settings in the Administrative Image Option editor for debugging purposes.

I haven't done much in the way of diagnostics.  I deleted the Admin image and plan to recreate it from scratch but before I did I wanted to know , does anyone else have this problem?

Lemme' know

Thanks

John

Outcomes