13 Replies Latest reply on Jul 25, 2018 2:47 PM by Bill Toft

Solidworks and Turbosquid models?

Andrew Lawrence

I've been using Solidworks for several years now and am just now getting into Visualize and rendering in general. I am in the process of modeling in SW a floor plan layout that I am going to be using to place furniture models I design for rendering. I can create 95% of this stuff in SW but the more organically shaped objects (curtains, rugs, pillows, and plants) are difficult to create. I was thinking about buying a "set" of 3D models off of turbosquid but I want to know if others have done this before with success? What do I want to look for specifically before buying in regards to compatible file types, etc.

This is an example of a set of 3d plant models that you can buy on turbosquid (description copied below). Any help is appreciate!

Archmodels vol. 141

Collection includes 48 professional, highly detailed 3d models for architectural visualizations. This collection comes with high quality indoor plants with all textures and materials. Plants species are not specified.

Presented models and scenes were rendered in V-ray with 3ds max.

Scenes are not included.

Formats:

max

c4d

obj - simple object without textures and materials (with mapping included)

fbx - simple object without materials (with mapping and textures included)

Mental Ray *.max - with textures and shaders

Scanline *.max - with textures and shaders

Advanced Render *.c4d - object prepared for C4d renderer with Cinema 4D R11.5 or higher (with textures and shaders)

V-Ray *.c4d - object prepared for V-Ray 1.1 with Cinema 4D R11.5 (with textures and shaders)

V-Ray *.max - 2.0 or higher - with textures and shaders

Cinema 4D - R11.5 or higher

*.max - 2011 or higher