3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 7, 2009 1:55 PM by Matthew Lorono

How to link a second drawing page

Rony Gamarro
      Hi ALL,

Please help.

I would like SW to open my second page drawing template when I select ADD SHEET on the bottom tab.

I had this set up before so I know it is possible but I can't figure out how to do it.

Thanks!!
        • How to link a second drawing page
          David Heinemeyer
          Go to "Tools">"Options">"System Options">"Drawings" and select "Show sheet format dialog on add new sheet" and you will be prompted for the sheet format when you add a new sheet to an existing drawing.
            If you want to add an exact copy of the original template you'll have to save the original as a .slddrt file.

Do the following: Click File>Save Sheet Format

Best place to save it to is with the other template files. I found it a struggle to find this folder so if you do let me know and I'll tell you where mine was.

Then click Add New Sheet and browse to the location of the .slddrt template that you just saved and bob's your uncle.
              Matthew Lorono

Rony Gamarro wrote:

Hi ALL,
              Please help.
              I would like SW to open my second page drawing template when I select ADD SHEET on the bottom tab.
              I had this set up before so I know it is possible but I can't figure out how to do it.
              Thanks!!

The only way to pull the second sheet format within SW without a hack is to do as Dave (above) suggested.

There is a way to do this automatically, but it is a hack. Fortunately, it's only a little hack. Instructions are here: http://www.fcsuper.com/swblog/?p=99