2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 18, 2018 12:40 PM by Design Jjlouro

Macro for changing the Annotations folder name

Design Jjlouro

So, before I ask the question a little disclaimer: I have 0 experience in programing and have ony begun to start scratching the surface of macro building, having only built VERY basic macros off of recorded actions, I'm not familiar at all with VBA, so I would really apreciate if you could help me understand how to solve this problem.

I need help figuring out how to build a macro that renames the Annotation folder in the Feature Tree, So as to change it from "Anotações" to "Annotations".
      So far, my attempt at recording a macro to do it has failed. It turned out something like this:

Dim swApp As Object

Dim Part As Object

Dim boolstatus As Boolean

Dim longstatus As Long, longwarnings As Long

Sub main()

Set swApp = Application.SldWorks

Set Part = swApp.ActiveDoc

boolstatus = Part.Extension.SelectByID2("Anotações", "DCABINET", 0, 0, 0, False, 0, Nothing, 0)

boolstatus = Part.SelectedFeatureProperties(0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, "Annotations")

Part.ClearSelection2 True

End Sub

I've tried to google it and, so far the closest I've got to what I wanted, as far as I know, the Rename the 3 Default Planes - API thread, where I noticed OP tried to use the same approach as I did, but since I don't understand the syntax for the resolution I'm still not able to acheive the result I want.

Exploring the Solidworks API Help, doesn't yield any results either since I have no idea what to look for.

Could someone please explain to me how to get there or at least tell me what to look for in the Solidworks API Help document?