AnsweredAssumed Answered

Error Casting IEdmBatchChangeState4 because QueryInterface call on the COM component failed

Question asked by Sean Donnelly on Jul 18, 2018
Latest reply on Jul 19, 2018 by Sean Donnelly

My error and code can be seen below.

It fails on the line "BatchChanger = (IEdmBatchChangeState4)vault...

Some key pieces of information are that I have a standalone application running a background worker. The Form1 is running a background worker that kicks off a new Class instance where the code below is. It picks up many other PDM code such as get, open, add, check out (although i have to use the original unlock IEdm because the unlock2 causes a similar error to this). Any thoughts?

IEdmVault13 vault;
            IEdmBatchChangeState4 batchChanger;

vault = (IEdmVault13)new EdmVault5();

if (!vault.IsLoggedIn)
            {
                vault.LoginAuto("MyVault", 0);
            }

batchChanger = (IEdmBatchChangeState4)vault.CreateUtility(EdmUtility.EdmUtil_BatchChangeState);

System.InvalidCastException

HResult=0x80004002

Message=Unable to cast COM object of type 'System.__ComObject' to interface type 'EPDM.Interop.epdm.IEdmBatchChangeState4'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{5009FB4B-4AEB-4808-99CD-75A92430DBD4}' failed due to the following error: No such interface supported (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004002 (E_NOINTERFACE)).

Source=PDM_Mass_Tool

StackTrace:

at PDM_Mass_Tool.ItemObsolete..ctor(DataTable importTable, String user, String department, String errorMsg, LogFile log, BackgroundWorker bw) in \\fplfile2\u\sdonnelly\C# Projects\PDM Mass Tool\PDM Mass Tool\ItemObsolete.cs:line 57

at PDM_Mass_Tool.frm5_Execute.backgrndWrk_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e) in \\fplfile2\u\sdonnelly\C# Projects\PDM Mass Tool\PDM Mass Tool\frm5_Execute.cs:line 297

at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)

at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

Outcomes