2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 13, 2018 10:25 AM by Steve Krause

lineweights

Steve Krause

My work flow is to bring a SW assembly into Composer and output an .SVG that I bring into CorelDraw.

I then in CorelDraw Ungroup all and immediately go to the line properties and set it to Scale with Object.   This allows me to scale everything to fit to the page size and get the same ratio of line weights if I have to scale the objects in Corel.  

But it still seems that the ratio of the .svg output from Composer has to do with how zoomed in or out the image was in the Composer viewport when I do the save from the workshop.  If I am zoomed out the outlines look very bold relative to when I output when the image is not zoomed out.  It makes it hard to set a consistent output from one product drawing to another.

I see the same results whether I set the Composer Document properties > Paper Space > Format > Viewrport ratio or Letter.

Is there some way to get consistent line weights from the SVG output?

Steve Krause

• Re: lineweights
          Heiko Sohnholz

Hello Steve,

i'm sorry but i won't agree. See the following screenshots after i exported to SVG:

Comp1.png

Comp2.png

Comp3.png

I have only scaling issues when using detail views.

My workflow is to define a paper size in Composer and scale here...

Cheers, Heiko

• Re: lineweights
              Steve Krause

What you show is consistent with what I see.  The line weights in the .svg exported from Composer are the same whether zoomed in or zoomed out.  If zoomed out where the image is small then the lines will appear thicker and that really makes sense.  It means that you need to make the right aesthetic decision when you are setting how far you want to be zoomed in on the image when you save an svg out of Composer.

My problem is that I sometimes need to change the scaling of the imported Image in Corel depending upon where I am placing the image on the page, and then things changed.  It does occur to me just now that maybe I shouldn't be doing that Scale with Object step to all the lines in Corel.  

Also, a different issue but related:  When I bring in an svg.  It always puts the text "tooltip" in the upper left hand corner and I have to ungroup(explode) the .svg and remove it along with a couple no fill boxes.  What's that all about?

Steve Krause