6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 27, 2009 2:50 PM by Kevin Quigley

VRML options window stuck!

We are trying to output files to VRML files for our robotic welder. When we do a 'save as' vrml and click the options tab at the bottom to change our output units, the window won't accept an 'ok' (or a cancel). It only closes when the red x is clicked (on all machines). Luckily(?), on of our machines SW vrml output is stuck on millimeters.

Any way to set the output units prior to export?
      Thanks

UGH!

• VRML options window stuck!
          Neil Larsen
          I can confirm this is present for me in SW09sp0.
          I am not sure if it has been fixed in a later sp.
          Suggest you turn it in for SPR

As a work around try scaling your ex SW vrml in another graphics program
              I'm running sp 2.0.

Unfortunately, the work around is I have to convert the files on my machine (since it's 'stuck' on millimeters in vrml output). ...Constant frustration with this software.
                  Neil Larsen
                  well I guess you could use the SW scale feature to multiply/divide the size by 10 or what ever before saving - try it

alternatively, as I suggested before, what ever the SW output scale (in this case limited to mm) you could import the file into another program ,do the scaling in that as required and then resave the vrml now being the size you wanted. This would be easy in Blender for instance or Max or...

HTH

BTW I agree with your frustration comment - why this should be broken in 09 I dont know - hard to imagine why you would want to mess with established and functional code - AFAIK nothing about the vrml spec has changed and if it did why mm only should work is beyond me
                Kevin Quigley
                Is this linked to the STL export bug on SW2009? I'll need to check this later but up till recently (maybe now as well) you were unable to change the quality settings in the STL export options.
                  Kevin Quigley
                  I've checked the specific issue I was having beofre in SP0 with STL export and it seems to be fixed in SP2.1. The problem was that when you have preview checked and changed the quality sliders the OK would grey out. Seems to be working now. Looks like fixing that created another bug then.