6 Replies Latest reply on Jul 12, 2018 9:20 AM by Archie Gee

Can I see a list of beam profiles used in a drawing created by someone else using standard profiles from the toolbox?

Archie Gee

Hi, I've got an assembly drawing of a steel frame that I need to run a stress simulation on.  The person who drew it used standard beam sizes from the Toolbox, but can't remember which ones he used.  As we are in Australia, and there is no Australian Standard beam sizes in the toolbox, he picked beams from all different standards that closely matched dimensions of the AS beams used in construction.

My problem is his drawing has hundreds of little interferences and errors and the simulation wont work until they're fixed.  I think the best way forward is for me to redraw the frame in the weldment environment, using the same beam profiles he used to create his parts in the original assembly.  Is there any way to extract the data of which beam profiles were used from his drawing?

I can see the sketches he extruded to make his beams, and measure them, then compare them to beam sizes in the toolbox, but as he used profiles from all different standards, this would take a very long time.
      I have tried inserting a BOM table, but it doesn't have any info on which beam profiles were used.

Thanks for your time.

Archie