Cannot check in to the Vault a large assembly, causes SolidWorks to crash.
I am using SolidWorks 2017 x64 Edition, Service Pack 5.0
1. Try CheckIn in parts. (It is necessary to understand that with small assemblies there are no problems?).
2. What in Log-s in Administration PDM?
3. What in SolidWorks RX?
4. Antivir/Fireval - exceptions (explorer), ports (3030, 1433-1434, 25734-25735) are set up?
5. What Windows? The service of Protection of the software is included? Try to disconnect.
6. PDM standart?
1. Pack and Go.
2. Copy Tree.
3. Drag and drop of files.
Maybe these files already are in vault (under other user) and/or settings do not allow to see them or to register?
Include display of a dialog in case of CheckIn and view warnings.
Are you trying to check the assembly in through Windows File Explorer or SolidWorks? If through the File Explorer, try checking in through SolidWorks.
I have tried checking in through SolidWorks and through Windows Explorer and both will crash. I have since tried rebuilding and checking in all the individual files. This takes a very long time, due to many files, but when all individual parts, assemblies and drawings are rebuild and checked in I am able to check in the upper level assembly.
It’s a workaround, but is time consuming.
On some larger assemblies, I've learned to check in subassemblies first, and any large files (usually our customers models) and then the large main assembly, and lastly, the drawing of the main assembly.
Your approach is the one that is working for me now. Start at the bottom and work your way up to the top-Upper level assembly. Start with parts and their drawing, sub-assemblies and their drawings, finally top level assembly.
There are still questions:
1. In assemblies there are Toolbox details?
1.Toolbox in PDM or out PDM?
2. How Toolbox is set up? Creation of details or configuration?
3. SolidWorks Add-ins boot quickly? Automatically? Or not?
4. Quality of display of assemblies not strongly high? (that in the report of productivity).
5. Details and assemblies are made in old versions of SolidWorks?
Retrieving data ...