2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 12, 2018 8:15 AM by Søren Stærk

Extrude surface along curve

Cristian Hrece

Hello!
      I'm pretty new here, used Solidworks for about 7-8 months. Now, I need to draw something that is beyond my knowledge so I decided to ask SW Forum.

Umm...  I need get a piece like in Foto1 (only that orange-colored). I have the full extrusion (1400) but i need to make it decreasing it's dimension from 1400 to 200.

I have the flatten surface too (as Sketch4).

Any help with this problem?
      Thank you in advance!

• Re: Extrude surface along curve
          Søren Stærk

Heres my take on it - had to use boundary surface and thicken, because normal features loft, boundary for solids didnt work well.

I guess its due to the complexity of the curve - which it have fixed, as i was not a whole chain (RMB select chain, and fix with tangent-spline)

• Re: Extrude surface along curve
              Søren Stærk

I am affraid i do not have SW2016, unfortunately.
              But i can show you what i did.

I used the inner curve from sketch 2 - here i used the RMB - select chain to see if the curve was one chain, then fixed the gaps by deleting a small segment (small line) and insert a spline from point to point - then adding tangent in both ends

Added plane ad then end of curve by selecting line and point - these two planes i used to sketch lines (one with 200 height and another 1400.

Boundary surface, the thicken outward