0 Replies Latest reply on Jul 10, 2018 8:10 PM by Steve Holland

SOLIDWORKS KB Hot Topics in 2018 Q2

Steve Holland

These are the top 20 most accessed SOLIDWORKS® Knowledge Base solutions during the second quarter of 2018. It is a good idea to review these solutions to determine if any of them apply for your business.

Rank

Solution ID

Question

S-00752

Does the SolidNetWork License (SNL) support installations in different global territories?

S-00997

Does SolidWorks place a limit on the number of Custom Properties a file can have?

S-011149

How is a new sheet format created using the title block from an existing sheet format?

S-00883

What coordinate system is used when creating a curve through XYZ points?

S-012578

What is the function of the SOLIDWORKS PDM® Database Server service?

S-010601

After saving as a copy an in-context part, the copy does not update according to the assembly. Why?

S-010332

When archive server compression (.gz) is enabled on a source server, are files transferred compressed to the target servers when replicating the files in Enterprise PDM?

S-01078

How can I export an IGES file with NURBS surfaces?

S-00613

Will McAfee Anti-Virus corrupt SolidWorks files as it did in the past?

S-011065

Is it possible to upgrade a single user that was installed off of an administrative image without updating from an administrative image?

S-01103

When importing an IGES (.igs) part, what could prevent the user from changing the color of the part?

S-01099

Is DXF/DWG translated using a ASCII or Binary decoding system?

S-010544

How can a user search for current logged in users in SOLIDWORKS® PDM?

S-011037

What are different types of adaptive techniques available in COSMOSWorks 2007 and what is the difference between them?

S-011019

What are the recommendations for creating SOLIDWORKS® templates that will be used in SOLIDWORKS  PDM?

S-00935

A hole wizard can not be found a day after it was added.  Are favorites deleted?

S-00780

Is it necessary to shut down the SOLIDWORKS® software in order to release a license for a SOLIDWORKS add-in?

S-01067

When I import a Parasolid, ACIS, STEP or IGES file, why do I not get any features?

S-00810

How do I dimension to a "virtual sharp" (the theoretical intersection of two lines adjacent to where a fillet or other feature is added)?

S-01097

When exporting a drawing 1:2, the DXF/DWG is at half scale. Why?