3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 10, 2018 2:48 PM by Shawn Casebolt

Drawing slow to delete sheet - not bad on open

Shawn Casebolt

Our top level drawings have always been a bit slow, but I chalked that up too content, number of section cuts etc..  After upgrading to 2018 last weekend, I am having major issues now.  It takes 20-30 minutes to save a file, it even takes as long to delete a sheet.  However it only takes less then 2 minutes to open the drawing (fully resolved).

So my question is this.........does anyone know what would cause a drawing to take 30 minutes to delete a sheet, when it only takes 1.5 to open it?

I am of course in the midst of doing all the typical performance things, running the FVU utility on the vault, checking image quality settings etc..

• Re: Drawing slow to delete sheet - not bad on open
          John Stoltzfus

Image quality can really screw up performance.  I had a file that had quite a few multiple sheets and I needed to go through every view and every detail or section view and change from high quality to draft quality.

If you have any view locations in your templates, make sure those are changed and then save your template..

Shawn Casebolt

sounds like macro time if thats the case.  I am taking a look at #TASK based on some other posts I was reading on this subject.  Thank you for your reply, I am going to continue working and testing to try and find the culprits.  I know it most likely going to be "a lot of little things".  However I thought odd that deleting a sheet took so long, when opening the file (fully resolved did not).

Shawn Casebolt

Well just an update for anyone who runs across this..........I checked out the top level assy, did a ctrl + Q to do a complete rebuild of all components, saved and checked in.  So now everything is in 2018.

I then used the #Task utility to set image quality down to 25........both of these I believe had no effect as I tried to delete a sheet and I am at 18 minutes and counting......any ideas would be appreciated