Todd Blacksher

World Map of Support for Dave Bear

Discussion created by Todd Blacksher on Jul 9, 2018
Latest reply on Sep 13, 2018 by Rubén Rodolfo Balderrama

Good Morning Everyone,

As you may or may not know, our buddy Dave Bear underwent a serious surgery over the weekend.

For more information about the surgery, please take a look at this thread - Thank You All...............

The SOLIDWORKS Community has really pulled together to recognize and support Dave - Dave Bear is a Certified SOLIDWORKS Power User

I think that it would be a wonderful idea to show Dave and his family just how many people from ALL OVER THE WORLD are pulling for his recovery.

After SLUGME last year, I made a map to show all of the user groups that had participated -

SLUGME 2017 Recap

I would like to do the same thing for Dave - Just leave a comment with your location, and I will add it to the map.

EDIT: Just so everyone knows - I will probably work on "adding pins to the map" after I get home from work. I will post updates as I go, so that everyone can see the progress. After a week or two, I'll post a final image, and run it on a large format printer to send to Dave and his family.

I'll get this started:

Lincoln, Nebraska

EDIT: I'm working on getting a "print-ready" version of the map, I have attached a few pdfs showing the map and a list of cities.

UPDATE:

HUGE Thanks to John Stoltzfus for putting the finishing touches on the map and making it AWESOME! The file is ready to be plotted on a large format printer - Should work great with a 36" wide paper roll. If anyone does print it, please post a picture of the finished product!

Note: I was not able to attach the file (apparently there was to much awesomeness . . .)

So here is a link to the file on Dropbox - Dropbox - Daves Map-Final.JPG

Outcomes