1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 7, 2018 1:20 PM by Kelvin Lamport

How to apply a display state to this assembly?

Jacob Murray

I have a simple assembly made up of two subassemblies. I want to color one of the boxes differently in a certain configuration in the main assembly (I actually have many boxes and I am highlighting which ones get packed first for each packing layer). The problem is I can't workout how to apply a display state to it as a subassembly without making another configuration (I just want the two configs in the subassembly - open and closed).

If I open the actual box part I can apply a display state at the component level and get it to show in the main assembly, but it shows for all other configurations there too. If I open the subassembly I can create another display state, but for some reason there doesn't seem to be a difference between the one I create and the original 'Display State-1' i.e. if I create 'Display State-2' and select it then change the appearance of the box, 'Display State-1' copies the appearance as well. They are linked somehow.

Can someone please direct how I can 'highlight' a box in my main assembly without having to add more configurations?

Display State-2 selected, about to apply a pink appearance.

Untitled.png

After applying the pink appearance, Display State-1 is now also pink.

Untitled2.png