7 Replies Latest reply on Jul 6, 2018 2:18 PM by Fifi Riri

Macro Editing

Collin Smyth

Hello All,

I am hoping to edit a macro to allow me to pack and go a large number of parts at a time, I have been given a macro that is close to but not quite what I need. I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me through the process of making this macro do what I am hoping it can do.

I have used a couple of macros before, but I have never edited one. Thanks.

• Re: Macro Editing
          Fifi Riri

what do you want to modify?

Collin Smyth

I am not really sure what you are asking. The macro that I have attached seems to have been made specifically for PDFs, which I want it to run parts as well. Outside of that I am not sure I understand your question.

John Alexander

Looking at your attached macro, it looks like it is just performing a pack and go to a ZIP directory in "S:\temp\SSM CAD Transfer" after setting some custom properties related to the revision.

You say you want to copy several parts, what are you trying to achieve by using Pack & Go to do this? Normally, people use Pack & Go to copy assemblies and child components while updating their references so that they are neatly contained (pointing to the new files).

Collin Smyth

What custom properties did you have to set?

I am copying parts so that I can create new, reference-free parts for our new parts library that we are in the early processes of creating. If you pack and go a part, there are no references attached to it and that is exactly the goal of this.