2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 24, 2009 5:34 PM by Thomas Hall

Show model creator and drawing creator

Thomas Hall
      How can I show who created the model and who created the drawing with associated files using variables, data cards, and notes in the title block?

For instance, if Tom creates a part and Scott creates a drawing for the part Tom created, the data cards would show Tom for the part creator and Scott for the drawing creator. The drawing would show that Tom created the part and Scott created the drawing in the title block.
        • Show model creator and drawing creator
          Lucas Dexter
          Thomas,
          I think I understand what you are trying to achieve. . .
          We accomplish this with custom properties in the part, asm, and drawing files. Those properties are then mapped to variables in the title block and data cards per file.
          For instance, we created a field in the prt/asm custom property called "Designer". "Designer" is then mapped to a variable on our titleblock and in the part and asm data cards to show who designed the part. On the drawing level, we created a custom property called "Detailer". "Detailer" is then mapped to a variable on our titleblock and in the drawing data cards to show who detailed the part.

Hope this helps!