3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 28, 2018 4:57 PM by Artem Taturevych

Deleting a global variable of a specified name with equation manager

Jonathan Hoffman

Hi,

So I'm working on a macro to set up various quantities in one part document, so that I can reference it in the drawing, and right now I am working on creating a global variable that references all the relevant custom properties.  I need to figure out how to add this equation, and replace the old one if the old one exists.

Right now, my VBA code looks something like this (this is copy-pasted from a much larger code), and I can't figure out how to delete an equation by variable name instead of by index or by the whole equation.  I can't search by the whole equation, because I don't have any way of knowing what the old equation was, as it might have been changed.  Does anyone have any ideas on how I might be able to do this?

Any help y'all might have would be greatly appreciated.

Dim swEquationMgr As EquationMgr

Dim longEquation As Long

Dim Add3() As Integer

Dim Total_Quantity As String

Set swEquationMgr = Part.GetEquationMgr

If UsedFor_Quantity_Array(1) = -1 Then

'This is the case in which there are no callbacks and "Total_Quantity" equals QTY

Total_Quantity = Chr(34) & "QTY" & Chr(34)

longEquation = swEquationMgr.Add3(-1, Total_Quantity, True, swAllConfiguration, Empty)

Else

'This is if there are callbacks and the total quantity is the sum of QTY and the callback quantities

Dim Equation As String

For eq = 0 To UBound(UsedFor_Quantity_Array)

Equation = Equation & " + " & Chr(34) & "Callback_Quantity" & eq & Chr(34)

Next

Total_Quantity = "Total Quantity = " & Equation

longEquation = swEquationMgr.Add3(-1, Total_Quantity, True, swAllConfiguration, Empty)

Dim Total_Quantity_Ref As String

Total_Quantity_Ref = Chr(34) & "Total Quantity@" & file & Chr(34)

retval = Part.DeleteCustomInfo2("", "Total Qty")

retval = Part.AddCustomInfo3("", "Total Qty", swCustomInfoText, Total_Quantity_Ref)