AnsweredAssumed Answered

Rev only one configuration in an Assembly using PDM

Question asked by Kassandra Williams on Jun 25, 2018
Latest reply on Jun 25, 2018 by Jeremy Feist

Hello,

My company has been using PDM for just a few months now. We are trying to create a data card that only revs one configuration at a time within an assembly. The result would then be that the various configurations could/would be on the different revisions from each other. Right now all of the configurations revise all together. In the data card, I have unchecked the box that says "Updades all configurations". I thought this would do the trick but sadly it did not work. In our workflow, the cad file revision is incremented when we "request change". It is a "set variable" action. When I go to edit this action, i see that the variable is set to "Revision", same as the data card which is good, the value is set to "%nextrevision%" and there is a configuration box that is empty in our case. I am thinking that if I put something there like "current" or something along those lines it would only rev the current revision we are editing. I have been searching forums and anything else that could be related to this and I have been coming up empty. Do you have any idea what would make PDM do what I am asking?

Thank you,

Kassandra

Outcomes