11 Replies Latest reply on Jun 22, 2018 6:35 PM by Jason Warnke

Additional Drawing Sheet formats - default linking a property to a not-yet-added view

Jason Warnke

Is there any way to - when you add an additional sheet - have the additional sheet format file pull the model-file-name of the 1st view inserted on that added sheet?

The reason I want to do this:

My company will create laser cut weldments from time to time - we like to use 1 sheet per cut piece in this case; and - because of the need to export laser cut pieces individually, we prefer to have each sheet be named specifically.  In other words we might have a detail # 12345-DET1 and each of the cut pieces would be labeled 12345-DET1A, 12345-DETB, 12345-DETC, etc.  The letter designates the cut piece.

When I print my slddrw file out I want each sheet to print with a unique drawing number; clearly indicating not only the detail number, but the cut piece.  I can manually make it do this once I have inserted a view; but I can't think of any way to manually preset my additional sheet format file so that it will be able to 'look at' the first view dropped onto that specific sheet.

Anyone else find a way to do something like this?