1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 23, 2009 5:38 PM by Christopher Thompson

Converting to step - Inconsistent spline curve

Angela Hill
      Hey, I havwe been converting to step for me and my Fiberglass/Design people to go back and forth, they are using pro e and catia...anyway I have neverhad a problem till today......

Sw will not save my model to step, I get error message "Inconsistent spline curve" which I have ruled as being part of the model that I was sent this morning from my fiberglass people and I opened from a step file then saved the necessary peices to my machine model in sw parts....

Anyone know what I should do??? I cann't change their work....Surfaces and all that bs,
        • Converting to step - Inconsistent spline curve
          Christopher Thompson
          Angela,

I use both Pro-E & SW, and STEP is the best way to save a file for importing into Pro-E cleanly. Did you save as a STEP 203, and check the export options?

As a test, try performing a geometry check for slivers, or knife edges, and fix these using the direct editing tools (ex: delete face, etc.). If all else fails, try exporting as an IGES (check export options) and import back into SW (heal geometry if necessary). Then try saving as a STEP 203.

Regards,

Chris Thompson
          www.appianwaytech.com

Pro-E WF 2.0 & 3.0
          SolidWorks Office Premium 2007 & 2009