1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 21, 2018 4:24 PM by Nathan Zimmerman

Lock Horizontal/Vertical Ordinate Position

Nathan Zimmerman

Is there a way to lock the position of a group of ordinate dimensions?  Many times the dimensions overlap each other so I have to move them vertically, or readjust the leaders so that they're easier to see. (ex. dim 2.619, 2.643, 2.682) The problem comes when fine tuning. I'll adjust a dimension up and accidentally shift every dimension left, which displaces the positioning of all leaders. I want to be able to lock the horizontal position of 0 so that the rest of the dimensions don't move around when trying to adjust the lines.

Figure 1, original positions

Figure 2, displaced leaders

I can just press the UNDO button all day, but it seems like there should be an easier way.

• Re: Lock Horizontal/Vertical Ordinate Position
          Nathan Zimmerman

Made an enhancement request.

1-18106670221

Explanation:Loss of time creating drawings. If I'm adjusting a horizontal ordinate group I don't want the group to move left or right unless told too. I want to jog the dimensions vertically for clarity. I also have to adjust leaders. If the group shifts left  or right then all the leaders become displaced.

Suggestion

For horizontal ordinate dimensions: Only allow the group of dimensions to shift left or right when adjusting base line. The rest of the dimensions can jog up or down freely for clarity.

For vertical ordinate dimensions: Only allow the group of dimensions to shift up or down when adjusting base line. The rest of the dimensions can jog left or right freely for clarity.