1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 15, 2018 10:01 AM by Mike Hodson

    Cut list not updating

    Mike Hodson

      SW 2018 SP2.0

       

      In order to give each weldment member a name, I rename them in the cut list, then put that in as a custom property.  Seems to work well.

       

      I have copied a previous project.  The base of it is a weldment frame. So I want to update the cut list names so that the new weldment members have names that match the new project.  

       

      I used pack and go to copy the design, renaming the weldment part and drawing file etc. 

       

      That part worked well.   I did have to open the weldment part and manually rename them to match the new file name.

       

      All the members do have the new 'cut list item name', the view names have all updated....everything seems good.

       

      The problem is that the cut list table won't update to the new cut list names.  I have hit rebuild many times.  I have saved. I have saved and restarted SW.   It still wants to use the names from the original project.

       

      In this first image, I have made a note that links to the custom property....the preview shows that it would be correct (the new project is 10748).  But as soon as I hit OK, the note changes to the old project number (10583). 

       

      I have tried inserting a new weldment cut list table, it still grabs the old project, even though I have (assuminly) changed all instances of the old project number, to the new one.

       

      CUTLISTNAME.JPG

       

      Then this happens....

      Wrong Name.JPG

        • Re: Cut list not updating
          Mike Hodson

          I managed to get it changed, but I fully believe that it was a SW bug or something that was preventing it from updating when it should have...not a procedural problem on my part. 

           

          I confirmed that the view in question was derived from the new part (10748).  I tried creating a new cut list based off of that view, but that was still giving me the old project number (10583).

           

          So this morning, I tried creating a new view and a new cut list based on the new view.   If that worked, I would just replace the old view and cut list...not ideal but easy enough to do.

           

          The new view and new cut worked, it had the correct project number (cut list item names).

           

          However, to my complete surprise, as soon as I made the new cut list (based on the new view), the old cut list finally updated to show the correct project number (cut list item names).   By all reasoning, it should have updated initially, or at some point after rebuilding/saving/shutting down etc.....but it didn't.   I feel like I've aged 5 years in the 5 months since my company switched to Solidworks.