I've never seen it, and don't remember anyone else reporting it. I can certainly see where that's a problem. Can you test on another computer?
There have been several SPR's reported regarding the same issue and all of them point towards it being caused by the template being used. If you have a colleague with SOLIDWORKS, try taking a copy of there drawing template to see if the issue still occurs. Or even try getting them to try your template.
I've had this before. Template I used was corrupt. Just replace it or choose another one.
To create brand new templates from scratch:
- Go to your templates folder (defined here:
- Then restart Solidworks, and click File-->New
- Click the "Novice" button (if it doesn't already bring you to the "novice" area.
- This should create 3 new templates
- Now take those templates and modify them to your heart's content.
- Now you have Brand new, shiny templates.