Corel Draw creates a backup file of your drawings in case of unexpected software crashes. Crashes can occur as a result of a too many programs running at once, or a computer overheating. The backup file has an extension of .BAK and is created to help you recover corrupt or lost files.
- Click “Start” located at the bottom of the screen and then click “Computer.” Windows Explorer launches.
- Navigate to the C:/Program Files/Corel/Programs/Draw folder.
- Double-click the .BAK file that matches the file name you are trying to recover. Your file launches in Corel Draw.
- Click “File” from the top menu and then select “Save As.” Select “Corel Draw” in the “File Type” field and click “Save.”
- maybe you can try to use repair corel draw file , very nice service , find this solution here