1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 12, 2018 8:29 AM by Ashok Anumula

Solidworks Toolbox smart fastener stack

Ashok Anumula

I am trying to figure this out. Trying to use toolbox components, especially fastener.

When I insert a smart fastener I like to make a stack using the stack feature with-in the tool. What I can not figure out is how to use a ANSI metric standard screw with a DIN standard spring lock washer since, the Smart fastener tool only shows available washers for what ever bolt/screw standard you choose. (This would not be a problem if Solidworks toolbox had spring lock washers under ANSI metric)

Additional question: (When you copy a solidworks toolbox component across series how do you change their base units)

Any thoughts on how to do a stack using two different standards.

Thank you

Ashok.

• Re: Solidworks Toolbox smart fastener stack
          Ashok Anumula

Guys

This is what I am doing to get around the stacking issues with metric fasteners and its lack of spring lock washers. I have copied over the DIN spring lock washer to ANSI Metric under washers and modified all the properties to reflect so (you can use ANSI Inch lock washer too, just have to change the units in base file). I then opened the pertaining lock washer that I copied and removed the radius that I felt as unnecessary detail. (The files are read only, so do remove the check mark) and do save.

Tested it out and it is working. I will post anything else I learn new. The process of modifying all the dimensions is tedious but I feel it is worth it. I do like the smart fastener tool, so far I believe it will save me time.

(Do make a back up copy of toolbox before you mess with it)

Thank you

Ashok.