20 Replies Latest reply on Jul 13, 2018 2:34 PM by James Park

When I print (to pdf) an 8.5 x 11 Portrait of a 1:1 Front View at upper right corner and 8:1 Front View at middle of page the 1:1 View moves to nearly off screen at lower left?

James Park

I am trying to print to pdf, an 8.5 x 11 portrait drawing, with front view 1:1 in upper right corner and front view 8:1 in middle of page.

I cannot get the two views to print consistently, and very rarely it does print correctly (about 1 in 50 times), so it cannot be relied upon.

What I get is the 1:1 object view printing all the way at bottom left of page, even outside the border.  Usually just the upper right side of the object, so I'm assuming the rest is cut off.  Maybe this is some kind of arbitrary origin used elsewhere?  In the rare times that the 1:1 object view prints correctly, the 8:1 object is missing.  Dimensions are there, notes are there, just the 8:1 object is missing.

I've selected both views and clicked the green MultiView Ok button, I've added dimensions to both views on layers that don't print (this worked one time), I've tried "Save as pdf" vs. "Print to pdf," I've went from shareware pdf writer to full flown $800 Adobe Professional, and I've sat quietly in my cubicle pouting because I cannot switch back to AutoCAD.  And I'm the only draftsman.  I'm very new to SolidWorks, and to add to this, I'm using SolidWorks 2018 SP 0.1 which isn't even in the User Group registration pull down menu, and that scares me a little.

Thanks for any help out there