9 Replies Latest reply on Jun 13, 2018 2:44 PM by Kevin Chandler

DWG/DXF File Mapping Cheat Sheet?

Jim Moses

Hi all,

I am kind of new to setting up mapping files and trying to figure out a few things and wonder if there was a basic cheat sheet on what meant what in each program so to speak

Like the line type styles as I can set things to go to Centerline and Centerlinex2 by either choosing the Centerline/Construction

Here is a list I have been able to come up with, but not sure on how to create a Phantom or PhantomX2 linetype also how do I get a Continuous as once I changed a few and now it will not give me the option on the list:

I have tried the help files, but still leaves me asking a lot hence the posting

Regards,

• Re: DWG/DXF File Mapping Cheat Sheet?
          Jim Moses

Hi again,

This is what I have come up with so far based on trial and error, how do I get a Phantom line type?

Regards,

Britt Kessler

Jim Moses wrote:

Hi again,

This is what I have come up with so far based on trial and error, how do I get a Phantom line type?

It might help if you tell us what you're trying to do. Are you trying to import .DXF files or to export them?

Jim Moses

Hi,

I am attempting to export them, the Autocad standards they use here are funky bright colors that you cant read in Solidworks with a white background. So I am trying to get them something the Solidworks users can see and use and then have it convert to there normal standards or as close as I can.

Phantom I would like for a few obvious reasons, if I want a phantom line I don't want a centerlinex2 once it converts which is my only option unless I get a answer here or from our VAR, the other is for a envelope as once you convert it sees it as an entity and turns it to the object layer. then is very time consuming to convert manually.

Regards,

David Matula

why are you doing all of that?

your converting an assembly drawing to a dxf for what purpose?

click on style there and pick phantom.

Kevin Chandler

Hello,

Go to Doc properties>Line style to see and set your line types (if you add, delete. change, be sure update your templates too).

Also, SW scales lines so there's no need for a 2X line type.

Cheers,

Kevin

Jim Moses

Hi again,

The x2 linetype is on the output not sure why you get it vs the other, still need to figure out how to get a Phantom linetype on the output or after export with a mapping file.

Regards,

Kevin Chandler

Jim Moses wrote:

Hi again,

The x2 linetype is on the output not sure why you get it vs the other, still need to figure out how to get a Phantom linetype on the output or after export with a mapping file.

Regards,

Hello,

First check that your file has a Phantom line style defined in it:

If you don't have one, here's the secret sauce to create one (click New, edit the name and type the secret formula.

(Note Phantom2X, from the AutoCAD days, will be half of the values above below.)

EDIT: If added to your file, also add it to your template for future.

Then see which line fonts use the Phantom style:

In mapping, define the layer using one of the line fonts that's assigned to the Phantom style

Cheers,

Kevin

Jim Moses

Hi again,

Ok, that was it, I must have overlooked it I had line style set on a layer to Phantom, but that would never convert to Phantom

So Line Font is where I need to be looking and change accordingly.

Thanks another piece of the puzzle, I still need to figure out the turning envelope parts to that line type

Regards,