4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 7, 2018 12:22 PM by Milos Stancic

Simultaneous center line drag

Milos Stancic

Hey everyone,

I am using SW2018. I remember using this function before, but now I can't find anything about it. Is there a way to drag one side of the centerline (in drawing or sketch), and when you drag one end that it extends the other end simultaneously ? I tried holding shift, ctrl and alt and doing it, and it doesn't work (and in my memory that's how I used to do it).

Thank you

• Re: Simultaneous center line drag
          Erik Bilello

I would guess you're thinking of the Midpoint line option.

Tony Tieuli

Milos Stancic wrote:

Hey everyone,

I am using SW2018. I remember using this function before, but now I can't find anything about it. Is there a way to drag one side of the centerline (in drawing or sketch), and when you drag one end that it extends the other end simultaneously ? I tried holding shift, ctrl and alt and doing it, and it doesn't work (and in my memory that's how I used to do it).

Thank you

I'm using 2018 SP3.0. I've tried all kinds of combination of cntrl, alt and shift and none of those work for me.

If you use a midpoint line you can drag either end of the line and both end both ends move.

You can also use a non midpoint line then constrain the center point which really just turns it into a midpoint line and it will act the same way.

Dan Pihlaja

I added this as an enhancement suggestion for the top ten.   This prompted me to see if I ever made an enhancement request for it.   It turns out that I didn't.  So thanks for the push.  I just created one.  1-17966226785

If/when it turns into an SPR, I will post it here.

Milos Stancic

Thank you for the responses. I knew about midpoint line, what I have issue with is, when I am in a drawing mode, and i add automatic centerline. Some of those centerlines intersect with other lines in the drawing and I can't even touch one side of the centerline edge. Refer the picture for an example. So dragging just one side would make my life easier. Midpoint might work but it's "too complicated". It's "too many steps" and I know it can be easier. On the second picture you can see the edges of the centerline but I can't click on them, even with select other option.

Capture.PNGCapture 2.PNG

And I know that I can make workarounds, or put the centerline first, or other solutions, I just wanted to see if there is simple solution for the issue in this moment of design. Where I have things already here and I have to add centerline. I don't want to delete other things to add centerline, it doesn't make sense.