0 Replies Latest reply on Jun 6, 2018 1:57 PM by Peter Kuhn

I would like to add a variable as a comment for a specific PDM transition

Peter Kuhn

I found this old post for EPDM 2015.  Mandatory State Comment and/or adding a variable to Notfication E-mail?   It appears in that in EPDM 2015 you could choose to add a comment for a transition.

We are on 2016, and I would like to do the same thing, but "Comment" is not an option for Transition Actions anymore.  (Why they would remove it is beyond me).  I am trying to find a workaround.

So far I have tried choosing Set Variable as the Action.  I set the Variable to itself and then set the Variable in the Comments box.  The problem with this is that it bumps the Version of the file unnecessarily. I don't want to create version just to write a comment, and I should not have to.

The only other option that gives me a Version Comment box is to the Inc. Revision Action.  This works but it does increment the Revision (in this case a minor revision) unnecessarily.  To get around this I set the Revision increment to 0.  This works, but for some reason it doesn't write the variable in the comments.  Any other suggestions would be appreciated.  I know in 2018 I could overwrite a version, but that is not an option at this time since we are on 2016.