0 Replies Latest reply on Jun 1, 2018 4:48 AM by Martin Solem

Using IEDMSearch7 in VBA

Martin Solem

Hi forum,

What i am trying to accomplish:

I have an Excel spreadsheet containing file names, document numbers, file revision and state.

Based on document number, i need to search vault to locate the file and update Excel with correct revision and state.

The macro is working well, but i thought i'd throw in a check to see if there were more matching documents. The document number *should* be unique, but there are no guarantees, and i would like to be sure my spreadsheet is correct.

I am using this:

sDocumentNumber = Range("G" & i).value

search.AddVariable "Document Number", sDocumentNumber

search.SetToken Edmstok_AllVersions, False

My check is simple, i run a counter on the search result, using GetNextResult.

However, i discovered i got two matches on the same document and the reason is because the value sDocumentNumber was present in two configurations.

It doesnt seem like i can specify which configuration to search for the variable value, i mean it would be pretty sweet to search for:

search.AddVariable "Document Number", sDocumentNumber, <ConfigurationName>

Or

SetToken Edmstok_Configuration <ConfigurationName>

I am looking for suggestions on how to solve this. Anyone done something like this?

Best regards

Martin