1 Reply Latest reply on May 29, 2018 5:27 PM by Nilesh Patel

'Extrusion feature' using solidworks api using vb.net

Ananth Balasubramanian

Guys,I want to extrude a center rectangle using api.

#To draw a center rectangle and exit the sketch

swApp.Visible = True

swModel = swApp.INewPart()

swModel = swApp.IActiveDoc2

swExt = swModel.Extension

swSelMgr = swModel.SelectionManager

skManager = swModel.SketchManager

boolstatus = swExt.SelectByID2("Front Plane", "PLANE", 0, 0, 0, False, 0, Nothing, 0)

skManager.InsertSketch(True)

Centerrectangle()  # sub program called for drawing a center rectangle

skManager.InsertSketch(True)

# Zoom to fit and isometric view, rotate the component

swModel.ViewZoomtofit2()

swModel.ShowNamedView2("*Trimetric", 8)

swModel.ViewRotate()

# Select all edges and points  for the current center rectangle

boolstatus = swExt.SelectByID2("Edge", swSelectType_e.swSelEDGES, 0, 0, 0, False, 0, Nothing, 0)

boolstatus = swExt.SelectByID2("Points", swSelectType_e.swSelSKETCHPOINTS, 0, 0, 0, False, 0, Nothing, 0)

# Converting depths from 'm' to 'mm'

Dim D1 As Double = depth1.Text / 1000

Dim D2 As Double = depth1.Text / 1000

# Extrusion feature

myfeature = features1.FeatureExtrusion3(True, False, False, swEndConditions_e.swEndCondBlind, swEndConditions_e.swEndCondBlind, D1, D2, False, False, False, False, 0, 0, False, False, False, False, True, True, True, swStartConditions_e.swStartSketchPlane, 0, False)

I've selected all the points and edges on the curve and given a  extrusion feature program, but the extrusion feature fails to execute.

Did I miss something?

• Re: 'Extrusion feature' using solidworks api using vb.net
          Nilesh Patel

Hi Ananth,

1. First of all, ISldWorks::INewPart is obsolete method. Use ISldWorks::NewDocument or 'SldWorks::INewDocument2 method to create a new document.

2. You haven't posted codes for 'Centerrectangle' sub but I guess you're using ISketchManager::CreateCenterRectangle method to create the center rectangle. If this is the case, it will return an array of ISketchSegment which includes diagonals also. Use ISketchSegment::Select4 method to select these sketch segments. You can use ISketchSegment::ConstructionGeometry property to check whether the sketch segment is a construction line or not.

3. Remove theselines:

boolstatus = swExt.SelectByID2("Edge", swSelectType_e.swSelEDGES, 0, 0, 0, False, 0, Nothing, 0)

boolstatus = swExt.SelectByID2("Points", swSelectType_e.swSelSKETCHPOINTS, 0, 0, 0, False, 0, Nothing, 0)

I haven't tested it but it should work.

Regards,

Nilesh