11 Replies Latest reply on May 27, 2018 8:54 PM by Ned Hutchinson

Customer Portal, new and improved

Andreas Rhomberg

So SW finally updated the Customer Portal, nice and colorful.

Is it just me or is it full of Bugs? It appears to be slower, cant seem to get more then 2 or 3 clicks in to it or use the back button and I get the message below.

now I have to close the browser and start all over just to get the same result.

anybody else have any Issues?

I am using Chrome.

• Re: Customer Portal, new and improved
          Tony Tieuli

Andreas Rhomberg wrote:

So SW finally updated the Customer Portal, nice and colorful.

Is it just me or is it full of Bugs? It appears to be slower, cant seem to get more then 2 or 3 clicks in to it or use the back button and I get the message below.

now I have to close the browser and start all over just to get the same result.

anybody else have any Issues?

I am using Chrome.

I wasn't even aware they had updated the Customer Portal till I saw your post.

I just went exploring and I didn't have any of the problems you related.

I clicked all over the place and it seems to be very quick. I deliberately went 3 or 4 pages deep then backed out and never saw the warning message you showed.

I'm using IE. Maybe it's not Chrome friendly?

Dennis Dohogne

Andreas, I just tried with both Chrome and Edge with the same result as you.  I suspect the site is under construction.  I know they (SWX) are doing major revamping of these systems (long overdue), but I would have expected a "Site Under Construction" or some similar warning while it is unavailable.  There is no notice in the Alerts section of the Welcome screen when firing up SWX either.

Rick Becker

Andreas Rhomberg wrote:

...anybody else have any Issues?

I am using Chrome.

I just tried it with Internet Explorer (Windows7 - 11.0.9600.19002 (update version 11.0.60)).

No problems. Was able to got several pages deep and back out again. Never got error message.

I did find the SW2018 SP3.0 is out as of 5/21/18.

I really like this list...

Downloads | Support | SOLIDWORKS

Richard Gergely

Saw it for a few seconds while I was downloading 2018 sp3. Will have to spend some time on it see how it is. Hopefully it will be easier to get to grips with than previously.

Tom Gagnon

I didn't have problems with Customer Portal earlier today, but was able to now. Growing pains with change, I imagine.

Re: SP3, it is now offered from in previous install packages too:

sp3available.PNG

Dennis Dohogne

Rick Becker wrote:

Andreas Rhomberg wrote:

...anybody else have any Issues?

I am using Chrome.

I just tried it with Internet Explorer (Windows7 - 11.0.9600.19002 (update version 11.0.60)).

No problems. Was able to got several pages deep and back out again. Never got error message.

I did find the SW2018 SP3.0 is out as of 5/21/18.

I really like this list...

<snip>

Downloads | Support | SOLIDWORKS

Once I ran the SWX Rx to clean up the cookies/temp files I was able to get a little further in using Chrome, but I had a lot easier time using Firefox than I did either Chrome or Edge.  It probably has to do with cache and cookies and crap like that.

What I saw was a dramatic improvement, but I still am having trouble seeing My Enhancement Requests.  I can see My SRs and My SPRs just fine.  The KB still needs a TON of work.

Ned Hutchinson

I got this error going back a few pages.

ScreenShot_20180523094109.png

definitely slower maybe cause the spinning loading bar?

Tom Gagnon

None from SW have chimed in here, so I turn to conjecture.

Right now the EU is leading the world by its regulations, and it is greatly impacting every site on the Internet that gathers even the slightest information about its users. I'd say this site qualifies. GPDR is the new regulation, and its deadline is this Friday. Companies are required to alter their privacy processes, policies, terms of use, use of cookies, user notifications, and rights to be forgotten. It's broad, to understate the observable impact.

So, I know that changes were necessary. They're implementing on someone else's deadline, and potentially working out the bugs after they've covered their rears first to prevent lawsuits, charges, blacklist, naughty list, banhammer, or whatever the EU has to slap offending organizations with. In my understanding, this is primarily about survival and secondarily about serving users. Continuity is an afterthought, if even considered among such a sweeping and urgent change.

To extend this thought, have some patience with the observable impacts on this (and all other) sites for now. If you are having trouble with a business-critical process (thus superseding patience), do involve your VAR for assistance.

Ned Hutchinson

Trying to vote for a SPR this morning with no luck at all.