5 Replies Latest reply on May 18, 2018 6:41 PM by M. D.

Solidworks Font error

Art Garibay

We just updated Solidworks 2014 to 2017.

Upon opening a drawing the attached error shows. Any ideas why this is happening and how to resolve?

Thanks.

-Art

• Re: Solidworks Font error
          Kevin Chandler

Hello,

Try opening your drawing template, go to document properties, expand annotations and click notes.

What's displayed font?

Cheers,

Kevin

Art Garibay

Arial  (Regular)

(Height 20)

Kevin Chandler

Art Garibay wrote:

Arial (Regular)

(Height 20)

Hello,

So now we know SW can see fonts.

Was Arial the font before the SW upgrade?

Forgot to ask on first reply: Is it this one drawing or all previous SW format files (so far)?

Also, try selecting the temp font. The dialog says references are kept, so you can take a look (as above) to see what this drawing is looking for.

While there, save this file into SW2018 format and reload it to see if the font error dialog returns.

Just stabbing at this (obviously), but I'm trying to see the scope of the issue.

I've received this dialog before but usually it's client files. I don't remember it popping up on an internal file even after an SW upgrade.

Perhaps another forum member with more expertise will chime in.

At least with our correspondence, your issue keeps getting bumped to the top of the listing.

Cheers,

Kevin

M. D.

We upgraded 2016 to 2017 and all of us had that font problem.  I think I just kept clicking "go away" or whatever when the error showed up and I think it is ok now.