2 Replies Latest reply on May 17, 2018 4:12 PM by Dennis Dohogne

tiger drylac appearance download?

Bill Toft

My client asked me to render their product in 4 different Tiger Drylac colors.that they use:

SPARKLE SILVER | 49/90450 GLOSSY BONDED

ZOKUNA | 49/00106 GLOSSY SMOOTH

COPPER 49/90620

WHITE FINE TEXTURE 49/13150

From the Tiger Drylac web site, I can get a PDF of their color brochures, then use the eye dropper tool.  But I wonder how accurate their PDF is?

I wonder if there is a better way / web site to get these specific appearances?

Thanks.

• Re: tiger drylac appearance download?
          Tom Gagnon

Considering that they are a "POWDER COATINGS & INKS" manufacturer, I am willing to bet that they know color theory backwards and forwards, so therefore I'd tend to trust the RGB gathered by the eyedropper sample from the PDF. The PDF standard by Adobe (another color-conscious company!) is very stable and handles colors well, both in CMYK and RGB.

• Re: tiger drylac appearance download?
              Dennis Dohogne

Tom Gagnon wrote:

Considering that they are a "POWDER COATINGS & INKS" manufacturer, I am willing to bet that they know color theory backwards and forwards, so therefore I'd tend to trust the RGB gathered by the eyedropper sample from the PDF. The PDF standard by Adobe (another color-conscious company!) is very stable and handles colors well, both in CMYK and RGB.

Great answer, Tom!