I am new to excel based bill of materials and have had good luck with it until now. I went to balloon my cover sheet and noticed that all of the balloons are displaying the child part number and not the sub assembly number. I have tried linking it to custom properties, i have changed what the balloons look at, I have checked to make sure that the view is linked to the bom (it is), i just don't understand why this is happening. If i delete the Excel BOM then insert a SolidWorks BOM it works just fine. My Excel Header is named correct as well. Please advise!
My recommendation would be to start using the SolidWorks Bill of Materials. Where I work we have not used excel based BOMs in many years and do not miss them. However, there are probably some users on the forum that still use them and hopefully they will give you some insight with your issue.